Roasted Jeera chicken
Abundantly flavoured Indian spiced chicken with a gentle heat. Incredibly easy to make ideal for alfresco gatherings and those impromptu picnics, especially with the British weather!
- 1 tsp Cumin (ground)
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- ½ tsp Ground black pepper
- ½ tsp Turmeric (ground)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 6 Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 100g Plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 5g Garlic (finely grated/puree)
- 10g Fresh coriander (finely chopped plus extra for garnish)
Preheat the oven to 200C and set aside a baking tray or large shallow oven dish.
Mix all the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
Mix all the wet ingredients except the chicken in a large bowl and combine.
Place the dry spice mixture into the wet and mix well to combine all the ingredients to create a thick marinade.
Place the chicken thighs into the marinade and coat each thigh.
Place on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes or until cooked through with a golden-brown crust.
Serve with a wedge of lemon.
- This cooks well on a barbeque grill as well as in the oven.
- Leftovers can be shredded to a salad.
- Chicken can be marinated up to 24 hours beforehand and stored in fridge; bring to room temperature before cooking.