Easter egg chocolate cake
What could be better than a chocolate cake with Easter eggs? Our delicious rich cake is filled with jam and decorated with mini Easter eggs of all sizes. The perfect Easter treat!
For the chocolate cake
- 250 gr all-purpose flour
- 300 gr sugar
- 75 gr cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 200 ml whole milk
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 ml water, boiling
- 100 gr strawberry jam
For the frosting
- 200 gr butter, softened
- 50 gr cocoa powder
- 600 gr icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp whole milk
For the topping
- Chocolate Easter eggs of differing sizes
- Preheat oven to 175 ºC.
- Spray a 20cm cake mould with baking spray to avoid the cake from sticking.
- FOR THECHOCOLATE CAKE:
- In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Pour in milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix, then carefully add boiling water and gently whisk until the batter has no lumps.
- Fill the cake mould with batter and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool down for 1 hour.
- Remove the cake from the mould and cut it in half. Fill with strawberry jam.
- FOR THE FROSTING
- In a large bowl, whip the butter and cocoa. Stir in vanilla extract and icing sugar.
- Pour milk and whisk until combined and smooth.
- Frost the top and sides of the cake.
- Top with chocolate Easter eggs halved