Mac'n'Cheese with British cheeses
This mouth-watering creamy Mac’n’Cheese is made using your favourite British cheeses! So easy to prepare and ready to serve up in no time!
- 350 grams Macaroni
- ½ tsp Salt
For the sauce
- 30 grams Butter
- 30 grams All purpose flour
- 400 mls Whole milk
- 250 grams Shredded Cheddar
- 250 grams Caerphilly cheese, minced
- 250 grams Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Mustard powder
For the pasta
- Bring a large pan of water to boil. Add in elbow pasta and salt,and cook following the indications on the packaging.
- Drain pasta, put the pasta back to the pan and add in butter. Set aside.
For the cheese sauce
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and melt butter. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly.
- Once flour is combined with butter add in milk and stir constantly for 4 minutes until the batter thickens.
- Remove pan from heat, toss in cheese, garlic powder, mustard powder, salt and ground black pepper. Whisk until cheese is melted. Pour Sauce into the pasta pan.
- Serve immediately.